The venue is Narooma Sport and Leisure Centre, Cnr Princes Highway and Bluewater Drive Narooma and entry this year is just $10 (on each day).
The gates will be open from 9am ’til 4pm on Saturday and from 9am ’til 3pm on Sunday .
The inaugural SSAA NSW HuntFest was held during the long weekend in June 2013 and was an outstanding success with attendances surpassing all expectations. SSAA NSW HuntFest has grown with each passing year bringing thousands to the small seaside community during the quiet season when many consider the coast to be at its most beautiful. 2019 is the 6th year of a successfully run event.
Organisers are excited to announce that firearms and ammunition will be both on display and for sale at SSAA NSW HuntFest (appropriate licences and PTA paperwork must be provided) and the SSAA mobile air-rifle range will also be situated at the event.
Equally exciting is the increased area over which SSAA NSW HuntFest will take place each year, allowing far greater room for parking and a vastly increased number and variety of exhibits showcasing the latest in – hunting & equipment, 4wd, camping, clothing, bikes & quadbikes, bow hunting, field cooking equipment, meat processing & preserving equipment, field dressing, cooked & fresh food vendors ( including sea food) and other outdoor exhibits.
There will also be demonstrations in skinning and processing the meat from game animals.
So what exactly is SSAA NSW HuntFest?
SSAA NSW HuntFest started as a combination of educational event and a photographic/media competition that will again be held in Narooma on the NSW far south coast on the long weekend in June. The photographic and media competition will have a number of categories, including junior and senior divisions. SSAA NSW HuntFest is the only photographic and media competition of its type in Australia.
SSAA NSW HuntFest is now evolving into a complete outdoor show. Whereas the primary focus is on hunting, it will also encompass other recreational outdoor activities such as Camping, bushwalking, horse riding, fishing, 4wd, trail bike riding, atv and utv’s, archery etc.
SSAA NSW HuntFest will run over two days of the June long weekend every year and it is envisioned that SSAA NSW HuntFest will become an important annual event that will contribute to tourism and the economy of the region.
SSAA NSW HuntFest gives R & G licensed hunters who are members of AHO clubs a fantastic opportunity to showcase their valuable contribution in the battle to control invasive species that devastate our National Parks and State Forests.
Objectives of HuntFest include:
- Promotion of the important conservation activities of Conservation Hunters and Approved Hunting Organisations (AHOs) and hunters in NSW
- Promotion of the essential work done by Volunteer Conservation Hunters, in the restoration of environments devastated by introduced species and the protection of threatened and endangered native species
- Promotion of the principles of safe and ethical hunting practice
- Promotion of hunting as a legitimate family sport and encouraging people to consider hunting as a healthy outdoor sporting option
- Public education about the environmental and economic benefits of hunting in our region
- Raising awareness about the many benefits of “game meat” in a healthy lifestyle.
Inquiries about HuntFest – including trade inquiries – should be directed to our contact form
SSAA NSW HuntFest is an initiative of South Coast Hunters Club, and associated members of the Narooma business community